Don't miss a trip!

Follow this blog on Facebook: Dana Saves
Want to score some deals? Check out A Full Cup!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Walmart/Food Fair Trip 9/4/12: Paid $18.39 for 20lbs of Pork Chops and $36.99 for 25lbs of Chicken Breasts!



As I posted previously a Food Fair just opened near us.  I picked up their pork chops ($.88/lb) and Rich didn't particularly like the cut (he's so picky...) and the boneless skinless chicken breasts were in the smaller packages (about 1/3 of the size we usually buy which ends up taking up MORE room in the freezer) so I decided to take the Food Fair ad over to Walmart to price match!  Didn't have any issues at all doing this.

I did this in 2 trips so the first one isn't pictured.

Bought a total of 20.9 lbs of pork chops (14 packages of 3 chops each) for a total of $18.39!  The every day Walmart price for the pork chops is $3.37-$3.39/lb (which is what I normally pay) which would have cost me around $70.64 meaning I saved $52.25 or 74% savings!

Then I bought a total of 25.46 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 packages with approximately 8 breasts each) at $1.44/lb for a total of $36.99.  The every day Walmart price (which I normally pay) is $1.99/lb so it would have cost me $50.66 giving me a savings of $13.76 or 27% savings!

My deep freeze is filled to the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment