Don't miss a trip!

Follow this blog on Facebook: Dana Saves
Want to score some deals? Check out A Full Cup!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Walgreens paid me $10 to buy Cottonelle Toilet Paper and Depends



I have to start by saying I was very hesitant to share these trips. It's the first time I have ever purchased something I have absolutely no intention of using. I'm not proud but I have been waiting for a good "money maker" to get me back into the Walgreens game and it just so happened to be Depends. There you have it.

For those interested I DO plan to donate all of these so if anyone in the Spring area knows of a senior center or non profit organization for disabled teens/adults or seniors please let me know! I want them to go to a good place where they'll be put to good use. I understand Depends are VERY costly.

All the products are not shown in the photos.

Transaction 1
4 Depends Kits @ $2.00 each
- $2/1 MQ x 2
- $2/2 MQ
Total = $2.00. Earned $4.00 Register Reward.

Inside of each of these kits is a $3.00 coupon good on any Depends. These are the coupons used for each subsequent transaction.

Transaction 2
4 Depends Kits @ $2.49 each (this store did not have them on sale)
- $3/1 MQ x 4 (adjusted down)
Total = $0.00. Earned $4.00 Register Reward.

Transaction 3
2 Cottonelle Toilet Paper @ $5.00 each
- $4 Register Rewards (from T1 and T2)
- $2 Walgreens Cottonelle Q
Total = $0.00. Earned $3 Register Reward

I did this deal a total of 4 times. Each subsequent transaction all had $0.00 out of pocket and I ended up with $3 in Register Rewards at the end of each. So in total I earned $12 Register Rewards - $2.00 I spent in Transaction 1 = $10.00 money maker.

I love getting paid to shop.

1 comment:

  1. Dana,

    One of the better places to donate them would be senior center or ALF where the seniors still live independently/semi- independently. Once they start getting skilled care Medicare starts paying for them.

    A nursing home will smile and say thank you but shove them in a cupboard. If they start using brand name on one patient they'll be expected to use them on all and they ARE expensive compared to the medical supply company ones

    ReplyDelete